As I sit and write this I am being "serenaded" by Carl trying to sing on Rock Band for the Wii... whoa... umm... yeah.
Anyway, so another weekend has passed. No festivals this past weekend, but I do have a few updates and funny stories.
Friday, I stayed home from work because the dryer guy was coming to fix the dryer and our temp furniture was getting picked up. Well, the dryer guy is coming back again this Friday to fix it since he didn't have the part with him. Ugh. It was nice to be home all day, although it was a little boring at times, too.
Friday night we went out to eat with Carl's new work BFF, Shane, and his wife Buffy. It was fun. I was a little apprehensive because I was having another of my "I want to go home, I don't like it here" evenings, but, in the end we all really enjoyed ourselves. They are both Carl's age, both former Army, and only arrived here a month ago. They live in Mannheim and don't know anyone. We think they'll fit in pretty well with Danelli and Jen and all of us. We took them to eat at one of our favorite restaurants in Leiman, right up the street from where our temp housing was.
Saturday, we got up really early and headed up to the Ramstein area to look for cars. We checked the lemon lots on Ramstein and Vogelweh Air Bases, but didn't really find anything. Ugh. We had to rush back to town but also went by the Mannheim lemon lot and saw a few possibilities, but now Carl just has to find the time to actually call and go look at them. We hit the commissary once back in our town and then headed home to make our dishes for my office dinner party.
Well, let's just say, the kitchen disaster fairies were definitely on our side Saturday. I don't even want to go into too much detail, but I at least made the watergate salad and that's what we showed up with. I can't screw up watergate salad, but I did forget to double the recipe so there wasn't very much. We ended up being 45 minutes late with what was supposed to be a green bean casserole but was... disgustingly unrecognizable. Who screws up a green bean casserole??
Just know that when we have visitors, no worries... we know where to find some great restaurants!
In my defense I did make a pretty yummy dinner of green (meatless) schnitzel tonight and even Carl loved it. :) (and no, he wasn't making it up, because I know the difference).
We had a very fun time at the dinner party. The food was delicious and everyone was even very accomodating with a ton of meatless dishes. We brought the Wii so the kids could play, and Carl and Dan got Rock Band hooked up. If you aren't familiar with that game, it's a group game where one person sings, one drums, one guitars. The kids loved it but I think Dan and Carl (who are now also BFFs) really enjoyed it the most. Let's just say.... the singing needs improvement!
Sunday, Carl had to work so I had yet another day of relaxing around the house with my red babies and Churro. We slept in a little bit and then the doggies and I took a nice long walk past the outskirts of town. It was super fun and they really enjoyed themselves. I can't describe how nice it was to be able to sleep a little and relax in preparation for another week of lonnnggg work days. Today, however, Kelli was nice enough to let me go home with her after work and Carl picked me up there. Tomorrow morning I'm going to their house first too since she's up that early, and then I can ride in with her. It's still a long day, but at least it's a little bit less time at my desk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Like mother like daughter... some day we will have to trade kitchen disaster stories. You'll never catch up with me! I am the queen of kitchen disasters, I am legendary!
On the other hand, the microwave is my best friend. That might need to be your next purchase!
Love you,
Dude
I never thought you knew what a kitchen actually was....haha :)
Are you guys going to buy a lemon and then have carl fix it up?
I watched a show the other day about the largest heavy metal festival in the world. Apparently it is in Manheim. They even have a train that goes up there you can ride and listen to heavy metal. You guys should check it out :(
Is the language barrier improving?
I don't believe there IS an actual kitchen. I mean, I've never seen any *pictures* of any actual kitchens.... :)
But seriously, that mean sounds very nice and fun. I'm so glad you guys have been able to meet so many cool peolpe and have sorta in-built friends there with your jobs! That is great! It took me forever to bond with people at my work... Maybe they were just scared of me. :)
Only 43 days until Disney or as I perfer to look at it, 27 work days until Disney! Whoo-whoo!!!
Post a Comment