15 November 2008

Got the car, and I'm hittin' the road... well, the tracks anyway

Carl was able to officially buy his car Friday! Yay! That's good news. He spent most of the morning getting the inspection completed and getting the registration taken care of. It's great because now we can both drive ourselves to work. It's bad though because the driving here still scares me just a little bit, since I haven't done it too much. I will get used to it though I'm sure, the more I do it.

Yesterday afternoon I drove over to Kelli's house to pick up our first overnight guest at our house -- little miss Bailey. She's a cute (and slightly overweight) beagle mix. Dan and Kelli were headed out of town for the weekend so the K&C Winery and Bed & Breakfast has now had our first overnight guest! It's been interesting, but everything has gone well. Carl actually beat me home too yesterday because he got off work at 3:30 and I didn't get home with Bailey till around 5 p.m.

Today we headed up to Mannheim to check out a kennel for the doggies for when we head home at Christmas. It was gorgeous! It's a cute little building right next to this couples' house... very elegant, yet still down to earth because they only had about 8 or 10 spots for dogs. We left feeling very comfortable with the doggies staying there, and they really liked Noel & Scout too (here at some kennels, they want to meet your dogs before they agree to board them). It's quite the blessing that I was able to find a place that still had openings this late in the game! Especially, a place so nice!

We also did a little bit of snack shopping at the commissary this afternoon, because tomorrow morning I am hitting the tracks (the train tracks, that is) for a 6-hour train ride to northern Germany....Hamburg, to be exact. I am going to a seminar up there all week. Jen will be going with me, and Bruni from my office, along with her husband George, will be there as well. I'll write more about the actual seminar after I come home, but all I know is that it's a political and economic seminar about Germany. It looks pretty cool. Monday we also get to spend the afternoon sightseeing and going on a harbor cruise. I'm taking my camera, don't worry!

So, I won't be updating the blog most likely until next weekend, as I don't plan on taking my laptop and I'm not sure if we have any computer access at the hotel. Carl will be holding down the fort here with the red babies and Churro. I have a feeling he may try to update the blog while I'm gone because he just asked me for the log-in info... hmmm... stay tuned!

I wish everyone a great week ahead! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome that you both have a car now! And I bet Carl feels like a pimp driving a BMW!!! You know, when I went to Russia, all the moffia guys drove BMWs....

I bet Matt and your dad will be jealous of the train ride up to Hamburg. Be sure to keep your ticket stub and show it off at Christmas to them.

Speaking of... only 30 days until we leave to go towards Disney! Holy cow! That is craziness!

I'm so glad you found a good place for the doogies for Christmas. I think we're just going to leave several food "discs" hidden for the gerbs. They seem to do well forging for themselves.

Have fun at the conference and I'm very intrigued to see if Carl posts anything this week!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could remember more of our "Germany Country and People" class Jennie and took at Tech. It was really in-depth. We had to learn about all the different regions and the culture and the history and like everything else German. I do remember that Hamburg is large town on the waterfront with a gigantic port, so you'll probably see a lot of ships.

Carl will probably throw a big party while you're gone haha :)

Bring some pictures home with you at Christmas...And speaking of, I think I sent you a link to our hotel on the 18th. It has been booked and ready to go when we get there.