We had snow over the weekend! It was so fun! Well, poor Carl still had to drive to work in it, but it was fun for me since I got to stay at home and recover from my week. The doggies really enjoyed the white stuff. We didn't have much, but it was enough to definitely cover the ground and make it awfully pretty around here!
Another fun thing that happened this weekend is that we got our Skype downloaded and the Web cam hooked up. I have had so much fun already talking to my parents and seeing them again and I know it's been fun for them to see us too. Even the dogs (ours and theirs) have gotten in on the act, as well as Jack the turtle and Churro. My mom was even able to remind me to go get my eyebrows done again! haha! ( I already had that appointment scheduled for Tuesday of this week, by the way! haha). We hope to get other friends and family hooked up with it too. It's nice to have our Vonage phone number for regular phone calls, but the Skype is pretty cool to be able to see them too. And it's completely free if both people have it. I've been able to talk to my dad every day as well during the evenings for me and the daytime for him.
As for those eyebrows, I went yesterday and got my hair trimmed and the eyebrows manicured again -- she took longer on the eyebrows than she did on my hair -- but the end result looks good. :)
Today we had a little community relations project at work. Kelli, Lira and I, along with one of our Command Sergeants Major and three other Soldiers, went to a local German school to help the English classes there learn about Thanksgiving and practice their English. It is actually Dan's class. He teaches third and fourth graders at a German school. So we worked with his 4th graders for about two hours today, making turkey hats, talking about what we were thankful for, reviewing the story behind Thanksgiving, and letting the kids try pumpkin pie for the first time. It was really fun.
Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we are headed out of town for the weekend. I can't wait. We are going to Garmisch, which is one of the favorite vacation spots here. It's on the border with Austria and it's in the Alps. We can't wait!!!!
Here are some recent pics:
The red babies enjoying the snowy backyard.

2 comments:
Happy Fourth Anniversary and Happy Thanksgiving !! We are so thankful for our newest gadget that allows us to actually see you when we talk! Praise God for technology and someone who can help me use it - haha! We missed you around the dinner table Thursday - between Vicky and Jennie and I we managed to get everything done at once and it actually tasted pretty good! (Praise God for that too - you never know with me in charge!!) Hope you are having a WONDERFUL time - I'm totally jealous and can't wait to get to experience some of the cool stuff you are.
Love to you both!
So I was catching up on the blog from last time and saw pics of you guys in the Alps!! Maybe I'm getting a sneak peak of your upcoming blog about your weekend there...
Of course Matt is jealous that you get to run around in trains and I'm jealous of your mountains,snow, and skiing!! Now those are some mountains!! Not like around here where people talk about the "mountains" and its a hill of about 975 feet. Lol!
The skiing looked super fun! I tried snowboarding once and totally hated it. I think if you learn to snowboard first, you love it, but if you learn how to ski first, you hate it. Did Carl like it?
That cable car thingy to the top of the mountain looked really neat. Was it enclosed or more like a lift?
I always hate it when I'm riding a ski lift and it randomly stops and there you are, swaying in the breeze hoping that your chair doesn't just fall right off of there...
Thanksgiving update:
Your mom and Vicky were really funny doing their usual, "Now how do we cook this?" and "What did we put in there last year?". They were also naughty and had a pop at (gasp) 11am!!! Before noon!!! Shocker! :)
The guys went golfing but since they were walking, Jacob chilled with us. I tried to eat a big bunch of Waldorf salad in your honor and proceeded to drop a big glob of it down my purple shirt and black pants. Nice!
It was cool to talk to you on the Skype thing. Poor Carl looked totally out of it. He was a good sport for coming over to say hey.
Only 17 days until we leave for Disney!! Only 12 working days!!! Holy crap! I better figure out what we're bringing down....
Post a Comment