03 October 2008

All our stuff is here!

Our stuff has arrived!! Yea! Yesterday, all of our unaccompanied and household goods were delivered at the same time to the new house. It was all kind of a surprise as normally the unaccompanied goods are supposed to arrive about a month before the household goods, but somehow ours all arrived together!

Yesterday was a long day of dealing with the German movers, who were not really too enthusiastic about opening boxes or listening to which room they were supposed to go to. However, everything is here, and it all seems to be in good shape on first glance. We have a house full of boxes now. This weekend (and probably for the next few months!) we will be unpacking and sorting and trying to get settled.

The only bad thing is that we have not yet been able to get internet access in the new house. That should hopefully happen next week sometime. Then, we'll also have our American phone number, finally!! :) I will keep you all posted, but for now just realize we are fine, just really busy opening boxes and re-discovering all our goodies!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad your stuff finally arrived. I know it will take a while to get everything settled in, but when it's done you will be able to relax. Hope that you will be able to post some videos of the inside eventually. From what I understand, the climate there is similar to Wisconsin where I live, except not quite so cold in Winter. I will keep watching. Grandma Linda

Anonymous said...

When you get it all set up, I hope to see some videos inside the house.

We miss you guys. I am jealous to hear about all your adventures. Take advantage of every opportunity you have to travel, see the sights, taste the food, ect.

How is the weather over there. Is it similar to Minnesota? or is it rainier and windier?

Welp, I won the first battle of the year between Tech and Morehead. Our volleyball team beat Tech 3-1. We play in soccer tomorrow.

Talk to you later...

Alia's World said...

What, you're not unpacked yet. I just got my stuff on thursday and have about 10 boxes left out of 230 lol.
And i have managed to make some improvements to the house :) (even if I did have some issues they make it look so easy on HGTV).
I'm glad all your stuff came at once. I got three days to take care of all of it and I needed every hour plus some :)
I am so glad to see my stuff after 7 months :) It's like Christmas in October

Anonymous said...

Ahhh. I know how much you guys just LOOOOVVEEE moving and unpacking. :)

But I bet it is nice to have some familiar things in an unfamiliar place. It will definitely help it to feel more like home.

PS. I saw Rachael Ray's talk show the other day while at the doc with Jacob and they were talking about eyebrow threading!! Hahahaha

Unknown said...

YEA!! You guys are going to be ready for guests in no time! :-) Hope you get your internet up soon. Take care and know everyone is sending loads of love (don't have to unpack that!). Love you guys!

Mom M