Whew, what a long couple weeks it has felt like with no internet and phone at the house! haha. I'm sorry I haven't updated this but Thank You to everyone for being understanding that it has been so completely crazy here, and I haven't been able to update regularly. Just today we finally were able to get internet hooked up here at the house, and that means our American phone number works now too! For those of you who had our old Oklahoma cell numbers, yeah, those obviously haven't worked since the plane took off to fly us here in the first place. However, we do have an American phone number through Vonage. Of course I am not going to post that out here for the world to see, but if you are a family member or friend who doesn't have the number yet, drop a comment on here and I'll be able to email you the number. Or send one of us an email. Or ask one of our parents, because they have it and so far I think immediate family are the only ones who have the number.
Things are still going well. Tonight was bowling night and Carl's game is getting better each week. Yesterday was an American holiday so we finally got to be tourists! I have had to work many weekends so far, so we unfortunately haven't had much time to sightsee. We checked out Heidelberg Castle yesterday and it was awesome! Tomorrow I will have more time to write and post pictures.
We love this house and are sort-of settled. The entire downstairs is livable and will be where we spend all our time. The basement and upstairs are definitely still full of those semi-unpacked boxes, but those rooms won't have to be ready until we have our first confirmed guests. As a reminder -- we have three extra bedrooms in this house! And a basement with another guest room. No excuses! Come on, visitors!!! :)
Well, that's all I'm going to post tonight as it's getting late and I need to wrestle the phone away from Carl to call some of my family. Guten Tag everyone and thanks again for reading! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I finally caught up with all your postings! Like Matt or Jennie said a few blogs ago, I am so jealous of all the festivals you can go to! We can't wait to come see you, and we will! We've already talked about Christmas 2009, but time will tell. Loved seeing the dogs run in the cute backyard. And the German license plate on your new car looking so weird, but COOL!!! I even recognize some of the places in Hidelberg. Did you freeze at the castle? It was sooo windy when we were there. You know me and traveling !
We are all looking forward to seeing you this Christmas, and seeing more pics of this great adventure of yours. Late. Nancy.
I can't wait to hear more about the castle. I'm wondering if you guy went to the dugeon? That would be fun. I'll be highly disappointed if there's no dugeon. What good would a castle be with nowhere to lock up the bad serfs? :)
Post a Comment