We interrupt this blog to bring you this special news bulletin.... Carl got a job!! Yea!!!!!
He will be working on Blackhawks again. He will probably start in about a week or so, after the tax paperwork goes through. (In fact, the guy asked him if he was ready to start today, but then remembered there was a little more paperwork to go through). He's going to be hired as a German, so he'll be paid in Euros and will get the German benefits (such as health care and 24 paid days of vacation per year -- but all that comes at a cost of 19% tax on the salary). There are lots of little intricacies that we don't quite understand yet that are involved with him being hired as a German, but we'll figure it out as we go. We're not worried. The only thing we care about now is that pretty soon he'll be working again. Praise the Lord!
side note: I'll update later today again with pics from our trip to the castle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!! Now Rob is going to expect to ride around in a Blackhawk like he did in TN when he comes to visit you guys. Carl will have to pull some strings to get some rides out of his new job.
Hey. I'm very serious that I'd be willing to pay 19% taxes if that garunteed me health care and 24 paid vacation days!! That would rock! Even at 19%. Heck. I'd go as high as 25%!! :)
Yay again on the job. Now you guys need to go out to eat to celebrate! And eat yummy German yougert that you love so much.
Do you think getting off for Christmas time will be a problem? I hope not!
Post a Comment