09 September 2008

Finally some pictures!

Here are a few pictures we took Monday evening. So far we have been pretty bad on taking pictures, but I promise to start bringing the camera more often! We are hoping to get a really good camera soon, so anyone who wants to donate to our camera fund, just let me know and I'll send you our address! Just kidding. :-) Anyway, enjoy! This is me out on the Hauptstrasse.

Heidelberg Castle, as seen looking up from the Hauptstrasse. We hope to hike up to it this weekend!
A view of part of the Old Bridge and some of the super fancy houses along the Neckar River in Nuenheim.


Carl on one of the cute little streets in downtown Heidelberg.

Tonight we took the dogs to the dog park on post here. Kelli and Bailey met up with us and a great time was had by all. Scout and Noel are now sound asleep at my feet. :-)
Tomorrow I get to attend a full day of safety briefings, whoo-hoo! I am close to being finished with my inprocessing and I promise I will be starting real work someday soon. We are making progress on finding Carl a job too but so far he's been a great chauffer for me.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is so beautiful over there! I love the fact that you can take the dogs so many places. Keep up the posting!
-Whitney

Anonymous said...

Oh man it's just a bunch of old buildings....

not really, it seems really nice and it also stands out as very clean over there. No trash, billboards, that type of thing.

Hope Carl can land a nice job.

Anonymous said...

Since you guys are having so much trouble with the language, I guess I'm just going to have to brush up on my German language skills and come over there and rescue you guys and become your interpreter, along with the vineyard gardner, housekeeper, cook, and tour guide since I did spend all of two days there ten years ago. It can't have changed that much! Those buildings are all 200 years old already! Haha! Am I hired? Looks like I've created myself a full time job. I accept! When can I start?

Anonymous said...

Love the cobblestone streets! Is it hard to walk on those? I would probably find some way to fall down! Hahaha.

Are you guys really going to hike up to that castle? That looks far, far, away...

Keep the pics coming!