Tonight, we visited our house and met with the landlord briefly so we could exchange our information for some of the utilities. She showed us around the house again and it looked more beautiful than we imagined. She has been working on it pretty much every day since we signed the lease: weeding, painting, cleaning, scrubbing, fixing things. We never even thought it needed work! But, she has gone above and beyond in making it impeccable and gorgeous. We are so excited to move in!! The house is more amazing than we imagined and could have dreamed for. It once again left me with the thought of "We seriously get to live there?!"
She also took us back to the garden again and gave us our first taste of the grapes growing on the vines! The picture above is me holding some here at our temp apartment! How cool is that? We got to eat the grapes that grew in what is soon to be part of our own backyard! She said they are edible right off the vine -- no chemicals, etc. -- but we opted to bring them back and at least rinse them off. They are very sweet yet tart at the same time. Delicious! And so fresh!
We also of course stopped at the Rewe (a grocery store, pronounced "Ree-vah") right around the corner and replenished our yogurt stock. There were new brands we hadn't tried yet so we are super excited to chow down on more yummy German yogurts! Don't worry, we got real food as well.
Over the weekend we rented a couple movies at the PX, one being the John Adams mini-series on DVD. We are only three hours in to the eight-hour show, but we love it! We've watched a little bit each night and highly recommend it.
On to real news: There is a VERY strong hope right now that we've found Carl a job. He did get a job offer to be an AAFES stocker, and will do that if need be, but this other job is just what he's looking for. We're keeping fingers crossed and praying it will work out. I will write more about that once we know something for sure.
Other big news is that apparently we are trendsetters! Thanks to faithful blog readers Jennie (Dude Sis-in-Law) and Whitney (Dude's Co-Worker Dude) I have been informed that the 'eyebrow string thing' from the last blog is actually a very popular European trend known as 'eyebrow threading.' Huh! Who would have thought that while in Europe we would ourselves become trendsetters and participate in something that is making its way to Hollywood as I write this!!
As for this past weekend, well, it produced some dumb results for work at the football game. I will spare the details in much length except to say that I met some very unappreciative and unprofessional football coaches, but the problem is on its way to being solved.
Tomorrow, I am participating in some media training with NATO troops. It should be fun!

4 comments:
Those grapes look delicious!!! MMMMM!!!! I have a lot to catch up on your blog, so I'm gonna start reading now!
Donna and Jean are both excited about a trip to Germany next year, so you may want to go ahead and make up a batch of House of Marquez wine as you know how the three of us appreciate a good glass of wine. Nothing but the best box for us haha! I can't wait to try the yogurt either. You both look so cute in your pictures!
Love you,
Dude
You'll definitely have to let us know what happen's with Carl's job. Are the jobs something where you can commute back and forth?
Matt, Jacob, and I have been car pooling to work and school to save gas money. More gas money we save, more we'll have for Disney in a few months!:)
Those grapes look awesome! Now, I'm not much of a yougert person, so you can just have all my youger, but you definitely need to save me some of those grapes. We had a grapevine at our house in Colorado growing up. Nothin' like eatting grapes straight from the vine! Yum!
You should totally hire a gardener to help keep up the grapes and strawberries and stuff. And a housekeeper! To help keep the place pristine! :)
Hi Guys!
Sounds like things are going great! Thanks for keeping us updated Kristen! Hey Kristen, if you want, you can make grape jelly and send here! lol I know that you are both going to love Germany and grow to love it more every day. Give the kids a hug from me and one for you guys too!
Mom
Post a Comment