Oops, it's been a little while since I have updated again. We have had some pretty uneventful times overall lately, just being busy with work and the daily grind.
Last week, I think it was Wednesday, it snowed again and it was absolutely beautiful! Big huge fluffy flakes that covered the entire countryside with white. The dogs again had so much fun playing in it. The snow had not actually melted yet from the last time, so this piled on top and made for a fairly nice little base. Sunday, however, it warmed up enough to rain so it was all washed away.
Saturday we found a nice furniture store around the corner from the house, and bought a new bedroom set for one of our extra bedrooms! We sold a lot of our extra furniture before we moved, and figured it was time to start getting ready for guests... drumroll please.... since my parents have officially booked their tickets and will be coming in the spring! Yayyyy!!!!! Obviously, I'm not going to post dates or anything for simple security precautions, but, it's a little ways away yet. I have been busy trying to plan an itinerary for their visit. 'So much Europe, so little time' is my new phrase!! There are so many places we want to go while they're here; some we've been to, some not.
Anyway, back to the bedroom set. It's very German, so that should be interesting for all you future guests! We pick it up this weekend and I'll have to find some nice bedding and get it all decorated so I can eventually post some pictures.
Saturday we also stopped by the library and got some new books to read. I got an awesome cookbook and have been a cooking machine this week!! I'm serious when I say that the kitchen and I have never really gotten along, until this week! I should have been taking pictures of the meals just for proof! haha! I got another Karen Kingsbury novel to read (already a good halfway through) but that's the only one they have, so pretty soon I'll either have to find a new author again or will have to find some bargain books online to order.
Monday was a holiday so we spent part of the afternoon and evening in Speyer, our favorite little town nearby, doing some shopping. I needed new work shoes (20Euro for nice black boots) and some of the stores were having some mega clearance sales so I got some new work pants (9Euro!) and a sweater (9Euro!). The only bad thing is that I am still getting used to the sizing over here. My shoes? Size 41! Sweater? Extra Large! Pants? Welllll... let's just say Carl was making fun of me because my European size is near the number for his American size... and also near my European shoe size now that I think about it. The truth is, I'm not really any bigger (okay maybe a little bit -- but the bretzels, berliners and strudels are too good here!!) it just feels so funny to buy sizes like 41! I'll get used to it. Or, get better at online shopping in American sizes again. haha!
This weekend was supposed to be a girl's night on Saturday, when we were headed to the premiere (over here anyway) of Twilight! Well, then Lira's son kind of wanted to come, so Carl said he'd come, and Dan said he'd go if Carl was going, and now Bryce said he'd go if the other guys were going... so, it's just going to be a whole big group thing. We're going to do a potluck dinner together at Dan & Kelli's and then head to the movie. There will probably be 8 or maybe 10, depending on whether Jen & Nate can make it.
Some sad news to report, and the only reason I put it down here is Not because it's not important, but because I know the only people who read this far down are the people who actually care about us, and the only ones who should read this, but we did have a loss in the family last week as Matt & Jennie lost the baby. :( We've all been keeping them in our prayers and are very sad for them, but happy that Jennie is okay. I won't post details because it's not my place to do so, but, we are thinking about them and praying for them.
That's about all for now. It's time for American Idol! :) Yes, we get it over here, just a day later. Better than nothing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for your thoughts...And it is actually kind of funny that "only people that read this far down are the ones we care about." That is probably true. I'll admit that I do skim sometimes, but everything is interesting.
We''l have to hope we get a big refund check back from the IRS this year or next year and then maybe we can come and utilize the new bed. (We get Noel to sleep in our room though :) We were actually discussing that the other day and we're thinking that now that our summer is sadly "open" maybe we could think about coming there. Probably not, but it did cross our minds.
Welp, Go Steelers! Just take a little mercy on the Cardinals..Let em score a safety or something late in the game haha!
I can't wait to try out the new German bed! I'm picturing a wooden bed with lots of carvings or something. I also fully expect to see one of those coo-coo-clocks where the German dude comes out with a mini beer in his hand. Classic!
You must've sent some snow our way or something b/c we've been HAMMERED with snow. Tons of people without power, but thankfully not us--yet!
Post a Comment