We had a good weekend this past weekend. Saturday morning we got up and headed over to the furniture store to pick up our new guestroom bedset. It was very nice because this store had a vehicle we could rent from them and we live close enough that we had it back within 30 minutes, so it was cheap, too! That's one bad thing about giving up our big vehicles -- it's hard to get stuff home!
After that, we flipped through cookbooks and some of my old vegetarian magazines to find suitable recipes to bring to the Twilight potluck later that night. We found some yummy-sounding recipes (vegetable caviar and lemon-mint vinaigrette sugar snap peas) and headed to the commissary to buy some ingredients. While at the commissary we stocked up on none other than.. Girl Scout Cookies! Yayyy!! I was thrilled. :)
When we got home, I worked on the cooking while Carl went upstairs to put the new bed set together. It looks nice, but it is still lacking bedding as it's a German bed and we need to go buy some nice German bedding for it.
The potluck was at Dan&Kelli's and it was fun. Our vegetarian caviar turned out delicious! For the other recipe, well, the commissary did not have sugar snap peas so we substituted snow peas.... and, it didn't work too well for this particular recipe. Anyway, there were 8 of us at the potluck and we had a nice time sitting around chatting while waiting for time to pass so we could head to the movie!
Twilight. Ahhh Twilight. My favorite vampire boyfriend Edward. :) It was scheduled to start at 9:30 p.m., and this was 'opening night' here at our post theater. So, we decided to get there around 9 p.m. since you can't buy tickets earlier than 30 minutes prior to a show starting here. We got in the line that was formed outside the building at about 9:05 p.m. Not even five minutes later, the theater workers come outside and tell everyone they were sold out already! What?!?! Unbelievable. Apparently, for this movie, they had opened at 8 p.m. to sell tickets. Are you kidding me? Nice. So, no Twilight for us. The stupid thing is they are only showing it maybe two more times at our theater. Dumb. Luckily I got to see it back home in the States. I still wanted to see it again though!! So, we rented Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian and headed back to Dan& Kelli's to watch together. It was fun, even though I fell asleep for parts of it.
Sunday we went to church and then went to lunch with Dan&Kelli and Lira and the kids. It was fun. The restaurant has slow service, so we were there for a while, but it was okay because we all get along and had nice conversation. After that, we headed home and did some housecleaning and laundry, etc. before going to bed.
Tonight is bowling night again, but it's also the one other showing of Twilight at our theater. So, I will probably be going to that! Lira said she'll probably get a sub for bowling so she can go and bring the kids, and I think Jen and Kelli may show up as well. So, it may turn out to be a sort of girl's night after all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Wow, that is a big gip about the movie. You would think they would have something posted about selling tickets at 8 instead of 9.
We are in the midst of terrible winter storm. We had like an inch of ice yesterday and all night and now another like 4-5 inches of snow. Tonight, it's all going to feeze and get slick again. it is a terrible mess. The whole state is mostly without power. Not to mention the burning car that was about 50 feet from our house yesterday morning. I'll explain that later to ya.
Twilight, huh? Haven't seen it yet, and probably won't. Unless we rent it some day. Right now I'm watching "Nobody's Fool" for maybe the 10th time. Probably my favorite non-sports movie.
Well, take care. Lunch was good, but I'm hungry again already.
Not Edward, must be Jacob!!! :) But I have to admit that actor that plays Edward is pretty swoon worthy. I wouldn't mind being his first human vicitim in a while... :)
Hmmm. Vegetarian cavier (sp?). I'm not sure about that... But kudos to you for cooking more now! Matt thinks I like to cook, but in reality I just like to eat and since I'm picky about my food, that means that I end up doing all the cooking! :)
We've managed to break two, count them two, ice scrappers up here this week. Ugh. Its been a complete mess. They even shut down MSU once and went on two different two hour delays!!!! Hope your winter isnt' as wild!!
Post a Comment