Sunday evening my parents hosted a going-away party for us here at the house. It was really fun! I will post pictures on here as soon as I can get them off my mom's camera.
Mom decorated the house with red, black and yellow balloons, German flags she made with posterboard, sayings and city names, and little German flags all along the front walkway. It was so cute. Unfortunately, it rained, but the decorations were still out there as best they could be.
We had about 30 family friends show up. These are the people I grew up with -- just like my extended family for the most part. Dad grilled out burgers, hot dogs and brats (with sauerkraut, of course) and everyone brought lots of side dishes and desserts. It was nice to see everyone again and chit-chat and catch up.
On a sad note, we had a tragic loss yesterday due to the rain... Myrtle went missing. After all that work building the turtle pond out front, somehow with the rain and the extra water she got out of her enclosure. We looked everywhere but no luck so far. We'll be keeping eyes out for her though and hope that she will turn up. Jack is still swimming around just fine, and I hope he doesn't get too lonely without Myrtle.
This morning Carl and I are headed up to Morehead, KY, to visit my brother, our sister-in-law and nephew for tonight. They just bought a house last year so we are super excited to go see it! And, we're going out for Mexican food tonight since their local restaurant has churros!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Just wanted to say I´m really enjoying reading your blog! I´m looking forward seeing the pictures from the going away party :)
I´m leaving for New York tomorrow with work (Simon gets to go too!), can´t wait!
When are you guys leaving for Germany?
Post a Comment