Well, here's a pretty good move-related update for everyone. Carl successfully purchased a new car for us tonight! Way to go, Carl. It took lots of wheeling and dealing but I have to admit he's been awesome at the whole car-buying ordeal in the past.
We're now the proud owners of a new Dodge Caliber. And when I say new, apparently I mean NEW. I obviously haven't seen it yet, only heard about it. Carl was the first person to ever drive it. It arrived at the dealership last night and he drove it home tonight. I'm jealous.
Neither of us ever wanted to buy a new vehicle. But unfortunately, as I mentioned previously our situation with both of our trade-ins being large SUVs or trucks, and how everyone on the planet seems to want to buy the little vehicles we were looking at for Europe, the situation warranted a new vehicle -- You simply can't find a used vehicle like that for a better deal than a new one (maybe a lower price, but the overall deal is better to get the new one). I will try to make Carl explain that one in better detail in a later post. I'll also see if he can post some pictures (because I'd kind of like to see it too...)
I, of course, am little miss sentimental and I cried when I found out my Trailblazer was gone. I know I'm a total geek but I love that Trailblazer. We bought that about two weeks after we got Noelle, out in Oklahoma, about two years ago. I wanted a big vehicle for travelling and so the dogs could ride everywhere with us. It took me from Oklahoma, to South Carolina and all through my time at Fort Jackson, and then up here and through my wonderful adventure known as DINFOS, and then moved me here to where I am now. I have so many memories with that truck, as well I should with putting about 50,000 miles on it in only two years! Carl assures me I will love the new car as soon as I see it. I am sure I'll get used to it but I hate to part with my Trailblazer. :-(
Other move-related news, I finally got confirmation yesterday of our dates for the movers to come! Yes! That is big news. The dates we requested for packups and pickups were confirmed. Also, Kelli emailed me today and said she already got us a PO Box in Germany! I think that is so sweet and thoughtful of her! I will send that address out individually, obviously, so people can send things to us. That will help so now we already have a good forwarding address. Things are moving forward nicely as our time here winds down.
I'm watching the Olympics and waiting for Carl to call and let me know his mom safely landed for her visit this week. I know they're both looking forward to spending time together and it's too bad with the timing that I'm still up here for most of her visit.
Today was my last day in my media relations rotation and they so nicely got doughnuts for everyone and gave me a very nice mug to take with me as a memento. Next week I begin my outprocessing. Time is flying, that's all I can say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment