We've had a lot going on since the last post about the cruise. First and foremost, I'll be starting a new job one week from tomorrow (on the 3rd)!! I am very excited. It's a promotion, and we'll still be able to stay here -- I'll just be working for a different command and on a different kaserne here in town. It all came about because my best friend here, Jen, left the job to take a promotion somewhere else, so they upgraded the position and decided to slide me into it. It is a true and huge blessing, because it should turn out to be fantastic for my career.
Because of that, we were not able to go home to Minnesota this week as we had originally been planning (since December!). I've been very bummed about it but have been trying to push on and know that me being able to get this promotion, in the long run, may even allow for better chances to go home in the future. Today is Grandma Ger's 85th birthday, and yesterday was her big party. Everyone was there (except us) and it sounds like they had a really fun time celebrating her as the "Queen for the Century." Happy Birthday Grandma!!
Yesterday was also Carl's birthday (Happy Birthday Carl!), but he unfortunately had to work. I surprised him with a cake that tasted much better than it looked when he got home in the evening. Yesterday evening for work we went on a cruise down the Rhine River to see the famous four-castle illuminations with fireworks in a city just up the river. It was fun, but not enough to keep my mind off of the fact that I wasn't back in the States with everyone else. I have posted a bunch of pictures from the river cruise on the Flickr site. Please check them out! It was a fundraiser for the local Warrant Officer's Association and they hosted a bunch of wounded warriors from Landstuhl.
This weekend we're headed to the Bodensee -- also known as Lake Constance, which is a lake that sits in the borders of Switzerland, Austria and Germany. We'll be going with Dan and Kelli and Bryce and the dogs, of course. It should be a good time.
That's about all for now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment