13 December 2008

Not a lot of news, but I figured another update was due

Well, not a lot of news lately for us here. Everything's going well and we honestly just can't believe how time is flying by! We leave next week already to head home for Christmas and we can't wait!! We're headed to DisneyWorld with my family and I am totally pumped!

For the past week and a half or so I've been completely involved with work day and night. Kelli's gone on a work trip, so we've had extra duties as well as I got to be in charge of a briefing. Some of our NATO Soldiers wanted some follow-up media training, so every night for about a week and a half I spent at home working on putting this briefing together. It went very well, I have to admit, and we have a great base to build on for future briefings!

Tonight, Carl is at a championship boxing match in Mannheim. I guess you could say he's having a guy's night because he's there with about six other guys from work. They've been very excited about it for weeks and I think I am happy that I didn't go -- now I get "me time" at the house with just me, the doggies, Churro, the tv and a good mug of fruit tea. :) That reminds me, we have really become addicted to tea as of late because there are so many good tea shops here! We went downtown to the Christmas market last weekend and bought some fresh teas (can teas be "fresh"? Well, you know what I mean!) and they are very yummy. So tonight I've spent some time catching up with my favorite charities online... everyone needs to go to http://www.grpmrt.org/order.htm and order one of the golden retriever puppy mill rescue team calendars. This group stems from the group we used to volunteer so much with in Oklahoma, and also where Noel and Scout were given their second chances at life! While you're at it, also check out http://advocacy.jdrf.org/ and please become an advocate of the juvenile diabetes research foundation - this is helping make life better for all those who are living with diabetes, which is something that is very close to my family's heart.

So, that's about it. Just lots of the 'daily grind' going on here for right now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!