31 July 2008

One month from today...

...we officially move! In exactly one month, we'll be driving to the airport with my parents, two suitcases each, two dogs, a cat and three crates. We'll board the plane, I'll cry (probably my parents will too) and then we'll fly. Wow. So much has to be accomplished still in this month and I can not believe how quickly time is going by.

Yes, I'm at work now, and of course thinking of this blog. (It's okay though, because I've been working on studying blogs lately for the Army and therefore creating my own one must be okay...) I had my oatmeal from the oatmeal bar upstairs (yum!) for breakfast this morning and of course have already begun to figure out what I want for lunch. Normally we go out in the courtyard and I bring my lunch, but today I am going to get something here.

Last night, Carl sold our refrigerator and my old mini-fridge from college. Yay! That is good news. We kept that beautiful fridge after we sold the house in Oklahoma, thinking we'd just move it into our next house. But, obviously, we won't be bringing it with us to Germany. In the past couple weeks we also have sold our entire extra bedroom set and the two wire dog crates. ( I love Craigslist). Still to be sold are the washer and dryer and lawnmower, but Carl has buyers for all of those I think. The extra money will most likely be put toward buying all the furry kids' airline tickets! :)

I am so excited people have been reading and commenting. I hope to have more and more exciting news, but of course this upcoming month is still just preparations and, most likely, more stress.

I did get a cute email from Kelli (future boss) the other day. I had asked her what the office was going to be like over there... Here's what she wrote:

"We are actually moving in two weeks from a craphole container with an outdoor toilet (it's kind of like being deployed) to a nicely renovated space. We are waiting on money for new furniture, so we will be living out of boxes with a few decent desks and cabinets we picked up from Darmstadt last week (Darmstadt is shutting down). There is a large room where you and Jason will sit. We will have light wood desks with Navy dividers. The floor is blue and the walls are cream. Juan and I both have offices off the big room. Mine will have a small conference table where we can have team meetings. We are very close to the ATM, the shoppette and the dining facility. It's prime real estate! And we have air conditioning, which is rare."

Sounds like it'll be fun! Even if I don't have my own office, hey, I'll be in Germany!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog. Ich werde ihn mit auf bei der Arbeit jeden Tag.

AKA - Great blog. I will keep up with it at work everyday.